Once in a while, our intuition goes beyond normal and helps us foresee things that are about to happen. How is that possible? There’s a belief that every human being has psychic abilities that could be discovered and bettered through practice. We all experience unusual things, but often consider them as nothing more than a wicked coincidence. In some people, the psychic powers develop and manifest themselves, while others are having a hard time recognizing them and they remain unsurfaced, like a message in a bottle at the bottom of the sea. Here are signs that prove you’re a psychic medium, but you’re not aware of it yet.
1. You saw spirits or departed family members after the age of three – Babies and toddlers are still very connected to the spirit world, so it’s normal to see a baby laughing at “something” while playing in their crib. It doesn’t necessarily mean the baby is a medium.
But after the age of about three, if we aren’t encouraged to nourish our connection with the spirit world, we forget all about it, as we go about living our physical lives.
So, if you had spirit experiences after age three, or sense the presence of Spirit as an adult, you could be a psychic medium.
2. You talked to imaginary friends or hung out with angels as a kid – Were some of your best friends imaginary? Did you chill with the angels as a kid? Remember, Spirit vibrates at a super high, fast frequency, so if you could sense that energy as a kid or teenager, it’s a good indicator you could be a medium.
3. You always felt different – When your were little did you feel like you didn’t quite fit in? Do you feel that way now?
It’s like you can’t quite put a finger on it, but you’ve always known there was something different about you… Not something better about you, just… different. Like, maybe you long for deeper connections, but it’s hard to find others to relate to.
4. You see things in your peripheral vision (clairvoyance) – For example, orbs, “sparkles”, shadows, or flashing light. I like to call these Spirit lights! These are also indicators that you’re clairvoyant. If you developed your gifts, you would be able to see spirit in your mind’s eye.
5. You feel things about places (clairsentience) – You walk into a room or drive by a building you’ve never been in and it’s like SHAZAM! Your body tingles, you get a shiver, or the energy seems to “palpate” with heat, cold, or heaviness.
You say things like, “That place has a great vibe,” or “That place FEELS awful!“.
6. You are (or were) afraid of the dark – Do you feel like you can “sense” things when the lights go out?
7. You hear voices (clairaudience) – These aren’t spooky voices and nobody is whispering red rum. Rather, it may sound as if you hear people mumbling in another room or hear music that no one else hears. Or, you may hear music, sounds, buzzing, or voices in your own head.
8. You are easily overstimulated – Loud or crowded places, bright lights, noise, or strong smells… no thank you! They make you feel as if you could crawl out of your skin.
This is because you are clairsentient and sensitive to energy. Calm and quiet feels better. Being overstimulated can make you anxious or cranky.
9. You have frequent or vivid dreams – You may even recall experiences of astral travel, or have vivid dreams of past lives or people you never met.
10. You understand animals – You”get” them. It’s like you can communicate with them. Your friends call you the cat whisperer.
11. You know things about people – It feels like you have radar. It doesn’t matter what the person looks like or acts like. There’s no fooling you. You get people’s “vibes”.
12. Electronics go bonkers around you sometimes – Alarms go off for no reason, the radio or TV turns on or off, you have to store extra light bulbs because yours burn out so often. This is because your vibration is so high. Sometimes, high vibrations make electronics go wacky.
13. You give amazing advice – People feel better after talking to you because you soothe them with words of wisdom. People tell you should have your own advice column. What’s this all about? Oh, you’re probably channeling the Divine and not even aware of it 🙂
14. You feel the presence of Spirits – You sense that there *could* be a spirit, but you’re not sure. Maybe you feel like someone is watching you, but it’s just you and Fido hanging out, snacking on popcorn and watching Game of Thrones. You may feel a sudden wave of emotion, such as sadness or anxiety associated with the presence.(clairsentience)
15. You felt strongly connected to someone after they passed away – For example, my aunt passed away recently. For the first week, I could feel her presence constantly. I KNEW she was around. On top of that, alarms kept going off in my house, and I was getting “signs” daily, including someone calling my house randomly asking for Janet (her name)!
If several of these resonate with you, you just might be a psychic medium!
You may be thinking:
- OMG AWESOME! I’m going to call all of my friends right now!
- No way! I can’t be psychic! I don’t even believe in that stuff!
I was in the second camp – I didn’t believe in psychic mediums AT ALL – so I get it!
The thing to remember is that we are all spiritual, intuitive beings… but maybe you just haven’t discovered that yet.
Here’s the cool thing: As a psychic medium you can live life with an extra dose of awesomeness – all because you can tap into the spiritual realm. I LOVE facts and data, but tapping into the Spirit world gives us a whole buffet of goodies and guidance!
What Being a Psychic Medium Doesn’t Mean
- You will pick up vibes 24/7
That’s exhausting. I can’t think of anything I want to do 24/7, including spirit communication. As you develop your mediumship further, you will learn how to “shut down” your abilities.
- You will be able to read people’s’ minds
Ew, no. Who would want to anyway?
- You will see dead people everywhere
Oh gosh, no! You’re not Haley Joel Osment in The Sixth Sense. Psychic mediums can completely learn to control when they want to communicate with Spirit.
- You will HAVE to use your new-found gifts
Totally cool if you’re called to do so. Totally cool if you’re not. You may even know people who are psychic mediums that still have a “regular” job (like my friend who works for a TV company).
- You will become everyone’s Magic 8 Ball
Ick, no. I say take a lesson from Superman or Wonder Woman – they wore snazzy costumes to hide their identity. You don’t have to tell the whole world you’re a psychic medium. You can choose to come out of the psychic closet when you feel ready.
Categorised in: Paranormal
This post was written by Nadia Vella